And just like that, It’s the new year. We’re supposed to be setting resolutions, eating healthier and moving in new and exciting directions with our lives. But right now I feel more like pouting that the holidays are over and snuggling up under a warm blanket.
This is the perfect recipe to warm those tummies in the cool weather and bring the family back together around the table. Is it healthy? Oh heck no. It’s creamy, indulgent, cheesy and delicious. And bacon. Because, why not? I keep it healthy around here most of the time. And you can diet next week.
I’m keeping this one short and sweet, because there are so many other things to do right now to clean up from the madness of the last few weeks, so I’m going to be #lazyblogger today. Go crank up the Christmas music and pretend we don’t have to wait another 50 weeks until Santa comes back around!
- 20 oz tortellini, cooked according to package and drained
- 6 pieces of bacon
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 T preminced garlic
- 1 - 1.5 cups asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 t basil
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t parsley
- 1 t salt
- 1 t black pepper
- 1½ T flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook bacon in a large skillet on medium high until crispy. Set aside and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drain all but about 2 T of bacon fat from the pan and add onion and garlic, and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add asparagus, zucchini, bell peppers, basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in flour until everything is coated and there are no chunks
- Stir in milk and let cook for an additional approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked tortellini, crumbled bacon and 1 cup mozzarella until heated and combined.
- Spray a 9x11 pan with nonstick spray
- Turn tortellini mixture into the pan and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup parmesan.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until bubbly and beginning to brown
- Enjoy immediately topped with additional parmesan cheese if desired.