First of all, I want to thank everyone again who sent some love after last week’s announcement of Snuggle Up Buttercups, my new Etsy shop full of deliciously snuggly blankets. I really hope you love it an welcome any feedback or ideas for future products!
So in the midst of taking care of two babies, teaching fitness classes, sewing and, ya know, living life, I also made something delicious, healthy and super easy that I had to share. Anyone else love buffalo sauce?? My husband and I are obsessed, and the toddler is generally a fan, unless we throw too much heat at her. I calmed this one down with a little bit of chicken broth, but if you’re all about spicy, you can add the extra buffalo sauce instead.
It’s been on and off summery here in So Cal, so the lettuce wrap idea was perfect for a warm evening. I know it might not appeal as much to those who are trudging through snow every day, so throw those bad boys in a tortilla and call it a day instead. Or pin this one for when the snow melts and the summer sun comes shining through.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce, plus more to garnish
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 3-4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 head of lettuce, rinsed and separated for lettuce cups
- Blue cheese, crumbled, to top
- Avocado, sliced, to top
- Combine chicken, buffalo sauce, broth, corn and beans in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Stir in shredded cabbage and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes on low.
- Serve mixture in lettuce cups, topped with blue cheese and avocado.