Last week, I shared some little *s’mores style* pretzel thins that I threw together with some leftover s’mores pop ingredients. Because it’s blasphemous for this pregnant mama to even think about throwing away melted chocolate and graham cracker crumbs. And, if we’re being honest, it would be blasphemous for me whether or not I had a bun in the oven.
After using up a bunch of my cracked pretzel thins, I found a couple of whole pretzels left and knew that I had to do a little something special with them. I had some leftover marshmallows too and made the quick and easy decision to make a little sandwich with everything sitting in front of me.
So I whipped these up and took a few pictures of them for the blog. And they looked so good that I had to try a bite as I was photographing them. It gives you a different shot, right? Different angle with a bite taken out? Those pictures below are totally worth it! *I’m totally justifying this to myself at this point.*
And as soon as I had enough photos, I finished it off. And instead of sharing the other ones with my sweet, hungry toddler or my lovely, hardworking husband, I polished them off before either of them even knew they existed. Sorry guys. Mama couldn’t help herself this time. Blame it on the baby.
Just as an FYI, I made about five of these, the recipe below is for a dozen, and you could really make as many as you want. Grab a bag of each of the pretzel thins, marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs and go to town!
- 24 pretzel thins (full, not broken)
- 12 regular sized marshmallows
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Lay out wax paper on a baking sheet
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, heating for 30 seconds at a time and mixing in between until smooth
- Spread graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl or dish
- Dip one end of the marshmallow in the chocolate, then immediately in the graham cracker crumbs, then place on one pretzel.
- Spoon a dollop of chocolate on top of the marshmallow, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs, and place an additional pretzel thin on top.
- Repeat for all remaining
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes, or until chocolate is set