Ok friends, why didn’t anyone force me to buy cauliflower rice sooner?? It’s been sitting there in the Trader Joe’s refrigerated section just looking at me every time I went to the market for months. No hard work ricing anything…just a nice bag of cauliflower. But it’s going to be gross, right? The hubby and kiddo will hate it, right? I mean they’ll totally know it’s not real rice and won’t eat it, right? Apparently, wrong.
I don’t know that I’ll ever buy real rice again. This stuff was that good. Once it was sautéed in with the rest of the stir fry vegetables and sauce I seriously didn’t know the difference. The result was a super healthy vegetarian dish that was packed with veggies in every way and absolutely delicious and inhaled by everyone in our family.
There was actually a battle over who got to eat the leftovers for lunch the next day. A battle over who got to eat leftovers. Healthy leftovers. Vegetables wrapped in lettuce. Is this the real world???
Safe to say you can expect to see more cauliflower rice here in the future. You’re welcome.
- 1 box shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 bag riced cauliflower (or 3-4 cups if you rice yourself)
- 1-2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 T preminced garlic
- 2 T + 1 t sesame oil
- ¼ cup + 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T black pepper
- 1½ T ginger
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ T honey
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- ½ t garlic salt
- Head of lettuce
- Sriracha, crushed peanuts or additional green onions for serving if desired
- Heat 2 T sesame oil in a large skillet or wok
- Add garlic and green onions and cook on medium for 2-3 minutes
- Add bell peppers, ½ cup soy sauce, black pepper, and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add rice cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- While this is cooking, combine 2 T soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, vegetable broth and garlic salt in a small sauce pan and stir regularly over medium heat until thickened.
- Add shredded cabbage and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Serve the vegetable mixture hot in lettuce cups and top with warm sauce and sriracha, crushed peanuts, or additional green onions as desired.